A cooking and baking journal

M'm! M'm!. . . Homemade!

2/22/09: Chicken, Corn, and Potato Chowder and St. Joseph's Day Bread
  • Sources: Recipelink.com for chowder and March 2009 issue of Saint Maria's Messenger magazine.
  • Defining moments: First time I ever made soup from scratch. (If I was talking canned soup this would probably be my 100th time.)
  • What I learned: I learned that you should never have soup without bread accompanying it! I also discovered that the second time you do a recipe everything seems to flow so nicely. I had zero trouble with the St. Joseph's Day bread this time.
  • How it tasted: It was the best chicken soup I ever tried and my brothers really liked it as well. My sisters looked more fondly at the bread than the soup, which I don't mind in the least!
  • How about a 2nd time? The bread, definitely. The soup. . .If I could have it my way I would have this soup, cabbage soup, and split pea soup every month! These three are my favorites. And split pea soup may be coming soon, the ham bone is waiting patiently in the freezer as I speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment