A cooking and baking journal

"Ok, everyone in the pool." -- The Art of Boiling Bagels in a Pot

2/15/09: Homemade Plain and Pizza Bagels
  • Sources: Allrecipes.com, recipe was called "Boiled Bagels."
  • Defining moments: First time making bagels.
  • What I learned: I learned that even though a recipe may sound very complex (it is true that I was a bit concerned about simmering dough in a pot of water), I should go for it anyway. It will be a great way to learn new techniques and bagels proved to do just that.
  • How it tasted: I placed pepperoni, olives, pizza sauce, and mozzarella cheese on each bagel to transform them into Pizza Bagels. Magnifico! I also froze some leftover plain bagels and had them for breakfast during the next two weeks to come. They were great with jam and honey.
  • How about a 2nd time? Would love to.

No comments:

Post a Comment