A cooking and baking journal

First Batch



I will begin my journal with my first Sunday, November 30, 2008:

11/30/08: Had Chicken Argentina and Potato Parmesan.
  • Sources: Former was from "Best Recipes From the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans and Jars" by Ceil Dyer and the latter was from "The Woman's Day Cookbook"
  • Defining moments: First time working with completely defrosted chicken. I so much rather use partially frozen! And this would be my first time making homemade mashed potatoes, only used boxed version before.
  • What I learned: Meat can take a lot longer than what the recipe says, I ended up being 30 min. late.
  • How it tasted: Flavors were very bright for the Chicken Argentina because I used lime juice and olives. The potato dish was very good because I added a layer of Parmesan on top so it was nice and crispy when finished.
  • How about a 2nd time? I am definite about Potato Parmesan but I don't think the chicken recipe will be repeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment