A cooking and baking journal

Herb School

6/13/10: Smoked Salmon, Sugar Snap Peas and Pasta

Meal details: This meal's sole dish had sugar snap peas, bow tie pasta, a mustard vinaigrette, tuna, and parsley.

Defining moments: This was a really easy meal to put together and I can't think of any "death defining" moments!

Recipe sources: This recipe comes from Michele Urvater, the host of Food Network's Feeding Your Family on $99 a Week. I never seen or heard of this show before so I think it must have aired pre-2001. . . The year my family switched to satellite tv. ;D

What I learned: OK, I should mention here that I haven't used many fresh herbs before. I wanted to point this out before I say that I didn't cut my parsley expertly. hehe. I noticed a few hard to chew stems in the salad. So, next time I WILL PAY CLOSER ATTENTION TO THOSE STEMS!

Any modifications? Didn't have any smoked salmon on hand (hard to believe, huh?), so I substituted it with tuna. And I used garlic scapes in replace of the green onion. And oh yeah, I used the balsamic vinaigrette from the week before for the mustard vinaigrette.

How did it taste? Besides those parsley stems, it was a delicious pasta salad. Light and refreshing. . . Perfect for June.

How about a 2nd time? Yes, I will do this recipe again.



pastaandpeas1

pastanadpeas2

pastaandpeas3



No comments:

Post a Comment