A cooking and baking journal

Homemade Hamburger Buns

3/15/11: Homemade Hamburger Buns

You should never let the name "hamburger buns" lead you into thinking that these circular buns that are split in half are just used for hamburgers. No siree! My family does sometimes use them for the ordinary hamburger but we have found a million and one other uses for this bread vehicle. Sloppy Joes, BBQ pork, turkey, and beef, chicken patties, steak-ums, sizzlers, pulled pork, fish fillets, and more.

That is why after my success with my homemade hot dog buns, I decided it was high time to try the faithful old hamburger bun.

So after using the exact same recipe that I used for the hot dog buns, here is what I came up with:


They were as soft and wonderful as the hot dog version. Very happy about this! So now I've been cutting way back on our hot dog/hamburger bun buying and keeping our freezer full of home-bakery freshness:






No comments:

Post a Comment